Susan has over 30 years of business experience in both corporate and private consulting. She has consulted with numerous business owners and senior leaders to strategically manage the systemic and individual challenges that determine business success. She is recognized for guiding senior executive teams and individuals through times of significant change, conflict resolution, and strategic visioning.
Susan has extensive experience in executive coaching, performance management, organizational and leadership development and crucial dialogue skills.
Susan’s client list includes executives from the following companies: UCLA Healthcare System, Universal, Sony, Amgen, St. John’s Healthcare, UC Riverside, City of Hope, Life Care Assurance Company, Scripps, FM Global, Nestle, and Exxon Mobil.
- Coached senior executives to unleash the power of innovation and collaboration of their teams thru creating cross functional opportunities for clear dialogue and customer input.
- Designed Executive level coaching programs which enabled a 180 shift in employee and stakeholder perceptions of clients from “intimidating & combative” to “approachable & collaborative.”
- Coached senior leaders in developing executive presence and stepping into the full potential of their positions, such that they are able to expand their influence from departmental silos to fulfilling the organizational mission.
- Provided intensive individual and team coaching resulting in team members increased ability to recognize their stylistic impact on the team’s goals, as well as, building greater team trust and accountability.
- Facilitated ongoing process improvement teams focused on the analysis of cost savings associated with major organizational restructurings.
Areas of Expertise:
- Executive & Leadership Coaching
- Effectiveness with “difficult” people
- Conflict resolution, skills and processes
- Communication Skills, Mentoring, and Performance Management, 360 feedback
- Crucial Conversations and Emotional Intelligence
- Hi-potentials, team effectiveness and work/life balance
- President and CEO- Business Owner
- Executive & Leadership Coach –Lee Hecht Harrison, Hand & Associates
- Executive Coach– Women’s Leadership Exchange
- Director Human Resources- Ryland Homes
- Manager, Training & Development – Intel
- Manager, HR & Training – Xircom
- Organizational Development Consultant- UCLA Medical Center
- M.Ed. Counseling Psychology, University of Arkansas , Fayetteville, Arkansas
- BA. Psychology, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Professional Coaching Certificate, New Ventures West, San Francisco, California
- Instructor, UCLA Extension School of Business, Management and Legal Programs
- Los Angeles Organizational Development Network
- American Society for Training and Development